Hamas War

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Miriam Peretz, Israel Prize, Yom Ha'atzmaut 5778, 2018

Thanks to Gesher, the extraordinary speech Miriam Peretz gave at the Israel Prize,Yom Ha'atzmaut 5778, 2018 Ceremony has been translated into English. Now you can listen and understand it even if you don't know Hebrew. Read the subtitles.



Miriam Peretz has also told her life story, which was written up into a totally fascinating biography, which I highly recommend, Miriam's Song--The Story of Miriam Peretz by Smadar Shir. The translation is excellent.

4 comments:

Sammy Finkelman said...

For a civil year, she says Aleph shemos... - and that seems to translated as 1900. What's going on? Shouldn't be be Elef Tisha?

Batya said...

Sammy, if you have a problem with the translation, please contact Gesher. Thanks
I listened mostly and didn't read it all.

GoldieZP said...

Batya - I have a nice present for you. I hope you like it. My friend has this name and her bday Parsha is Shemot. I do not know your bday parsha. However, I believe this will put a smile on your face. I will email if you want it. Just leave comment on my post and do check out my findings on my name also. (Sorry I did not post comment on this video. I wanted to give over your present :) )

http://geula613.blogspot.com/2018/04/do-you-know-batya-or-basya-torah.html

GoldieZP said...

wow - the way her father expresses love for Israel. And the messiah and that hardship in the camp TELL THAT TO THE CHASSIDIM AND LITVAKS IN BORO PARK - I LOVE THIS WOMAN !!!!!