Hamas War

Sunday, April 13, 2014

'In Every Generation...' A Voice From My Past

As I've mentioned quite a few times, I'm an NCSY success story. Although I came from a Jewish home, in which my parents were always synagogue members, we weren't Torah observant.  Actually, I wasn't even aware during a good portion of my childhood that something was missing. But even later on when I became more aware of the mitzvot,  the positive and negative commandments, I didn't really think that I needed to observe them.

It was only during the 1965 NCSY National Convention Havdalah, the ceremony that separates Shabbat (the Sabbath) from the regular days of the week that somehow Rabbi Pinchas Stolper found the right formula, the right words to break down whatever barrier was holding back my neshama, Jewish Soul. And ever since that night, my life just hasn't been the same.

Here's a recent recording of Rabbi Stolper.



Chag Pesach Kasher v'Sameach
May you have a happy and kosher Passover

No comments: