Hamas War

Monday, January 4, 2010

Disturbing and Ironic

As I sometimes do early in the morning, I've been watching last night's IBA News.  I don't know how to save this particular edition of the news.  If someone does, please get it done ASAP, thanks.

I'll start with the ironic:

Israel's Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon grandstanded about the importance of all MK's (Israel's Knesset Parliament Members) swearing allegiance to the State of Israel.  Yes, I certainly agree with that, but davka from Danny Ayalon whose loyalty to Judaism is suspect because of his allegiance to evangelical cristians.  Unfortunately, dangerous for sure, a surprising amount of Likud MK's are financially dependent on cristian money to support their political careers.

Now for the disturbing:

1- Israel's Loony-Left demonstrated in frightening numbers in Tel Aviv in favor of Gazan Arabs and against last years war against the Arab terrorists in Gaza.

2-  Barely a handful, but even one would be too many, of Neturei Karta spent Shabbat in Gaza to show their support.  Neturei Karta are in ultra-extreme sect in Judaism, so extreme that they've lost all sense of proportion of right and wrong when it comes to Jewish issues.  They consider themselves "ultra-Orthodox," but their actual ideology is very anti-Jewish and even more anti-Israel.  They have more in common with Israel's Loony-Left than with any group of Torah-loyal Jews.

7 comments:

Akiva said...

Cast-Up videos (the service IBA uses) is very hard to capture or save (intentionally of course).

Batya said...

Yes, so I guess you trust that I heard/saw what I've reported.

Keli Ata said...

The NT story has been reported in the J Post. Personally I don't think the members of NT are Jewish, so they didn't go to Gaza on Shabbat. It was just an ordinary Saturday afternoon to them.


It's a curious thing about Israelis protesting in favor of Arabs. I've always wonder if the Pro-Palestinian Arabs are Israeil born and should know better or are new olim who make aliyah just to damage Israel from within.

Or if they're just woefully uninformed and niave.


I don't believe anything like this happened in Nazi German. That is, Jews protesting against their fellow Jews and for the Nazis.

I wonder where all of this comes from?

JDL London Canada said...

NK is the worst of the worst. They are the enmity against the Torah and Israel. They should be stoned in the Negev.

Batya said...

keli, they're Jewish, but just as miss-guided as Jews who eat traif.
jdl, please watch your language

Keli Ata said...

I have to disagee a little. Jews who eat treif are not conspiring with the enemies of the Jewish people and putting lives in grave danger.


Oops. Typo on the first comment. I meant NK.


I don't condone violence against anyone, but I have to agree with how JDL feels.

Batya said...

Most Jews are varying shades of grey. Believe me. I was raised eating traif and not knowing Shabbat. There's no black and white.