Hamas War

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Package From Home - Youtube

Finally, after lots of false-starts and misplaced emails from various accounts in multiple locations, A Package From Home does have a youtube account. It's:
http://www.youtube.com/soldiergifts

It's hard to believe that just a couple of months ago, I hadn't the vaguest idea how to use the video option/function on my Canon 620, and I never looked at youtube. Now I take almost as many movies as stills, at times. And I have my very own youtube account, shilohmuse.

Don't believe that "Old dogs can't learn new tricks." Thank G-d, I'm learning, or attempting to learn, new things every day.

Barbara Silverman, who established A Package From Home, was older than me when she started it. She believes that we can all make a difference, and she's right. What she began at her dining room table is now an enormous enterprise.

Barbara's an inspiration to many of us. So many times we have ideas and then shove them under the rugs crowding our mind, saying:
  • It won't work.
  • People will think I'm crazy.
  • I can't do that!
  • Who, me?

Barbara knew that the soldiers needed "A Package From Home," and she began sending them. Information on how to donate or help packing can be found on the A Package From Home site.

No comments: