Hamas War

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nobody's Instructing Me What To Write and What To Post!

Hat tip IMRA

Am I part of an Israeli hasbara, information, effort?
"Yes!"

Am I getting instructions from some official or professional group?
"No!"

If you check my blog archives, you'll discover that I was also blogging during the "nameless" aka Second Israeli-Lebanese War. My posts didn't get as much play then as this time. It could be because nobody sent out twice-daily updates with links to blogs and mainstream media the way Jack has been doing this war.

One thing I must admit is that I have no doubt that Olmert, as wily a politician as one could find in this world, definitely gave orders to correct the government's and military's PR, Public Relations. I mocked his excuse that he should stay in office after the Lebanese debacle, because since he fouled up, he had to fix it. But Olmert's no dummy. If the blogging and twittering and youtubing look like an organized effort, it's because the government information office is working better.

Last summer I attended the First International Jewish Bloggers Convention, and one of the main speakers was from the Information Department of the Foreign Ministry. Yes, they do take us seriously.

And now the IDF Spokesperson has an English site and youtube.

I just wonder when and if this will all impact, the official and unofficial efforts, on world opinion.

No comments: