Hamas War

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Anne Bayefsky, Mistaken, Again

I want to agree with Anne Bayefsky, but I keep having problems with her basic view that "suddenly" there are problems with Europe, the United States etc.

I don't understand how she could write in

"SHAME ON BUSH AND CONDI:"


"...A president whose friendship and alliance with Israel once appeared honest, perceptive and unshakable, decided two weeks before leaving office to throw Israel to the wolves. The resolution calls for a ceasefire in Gaza and does not even mention the word "Hamas..."


Being a cynical pragmatist, I'm a firm believer in the "Yes, Minister" principle that the bureaucrats rule. Bush may make the pretty speeches, but it's pro-Pseudestinian Condeleezza Rice whose policy dominates the United States Department of State, which was never pro-Israel.

I consider Bayefsky's naivete dangerous for the position she holds.

No comments: