Hamas War

Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Give my regards to..."

Last night I was at a lovely wedding. I knew few people, besides the person who invited me. She did a great job of organizing the tables and I was enjoying my companions.

"You're from Shiloh, so give my regards to..."
"How do you know her?"
"Our sons were murdered together."
"Oh..."


Then I quickly knew next to whom I was sitting. Unfortunately there have been so many terror attacks and so many victims nobody could be expected to remember them all, but davka this one I did. We spoke a lot more. It ended up that we have lots of mutual friends.

I'm not in the "club," Baruch Hashem--bli eyin haraa, but so many of my neighbors are, and I was lightly injured in a terror attack. We talked about how everyone reacts differently, and she told me about some of their memorial projects.

This could be considered one of those "only in Israel" posts, but it's not a cutesy, sweet, feel good one. It's just real life.

No comments: