Hamas War

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shiloh--Community Services

or These Kids Will Do Their Homework!
Now, here's the story.
Many years ago, this time of the year--before Passover-- when my eldest was in the Second Grade, she was given a homework assignment:
Ask your mother how to kasher: (the things list by the teacher) for Pesach. My daughter was a good student and asked me. My reply was:
"Kasher what for Pesach?!?! I don't kasher anything. We have everything we need "special" for Pesach."
Obviously, I caused her to get a zero on the homework assignment. Bad mother!
But now we live in Shiloh, and our local religious council arranges for large vats of boiling water and blow torches to be set up by the synagogues. I guess they had them in Bayit V'Gan, Jerusalem, when we lived there, but I never saw them. The young men running them seem to know the religious laws, and if there are questions, the rabbi is just a quick phone call away.





Chag Kasher V'Sameach
Have a Kosher and Happy Passover

No comments: