Hamas War

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's Not That I Have Nothing To Say

I haven't been posting much recently. Baruch Hashem, I'm well, just busy. And I also have a feeling that I sound like a broken record, repeating and repeating much of the same.

I expanded my post on "illegal building" on my Arutz 7 Blog, The Eye of the Storm. There's different commentary and lots more pictures.

Recently, I've been wondering if I should try to replace my Erev Rosh Chodesh, Eve of the New Jewish Month, activity of going to Kever Rachel with something even more important. I think it's more important to establish the custom of dovening here in Shiloh, by the Tel, where Chana prayed.

Something else. While Ariel Sharon is somewhat preserved in his vegetative state, Fidel Castro is regaining his health and planning to run for office for the ?th time. Don't forget that according to the books, Cuba is a democracy. In Perkei Avot, Ethics of the Fathers, we're told that we must learn from everyone. And I think that Fidel Castro and The Mouse That Roared are the best teachers for us Israelis.

And, yes, I also have a "day job." My EFL teaching job does take time, for the preparations and traveling, tremping. And, Baruch Hashem, I have children and grandchildren, and we do have a social life.

No comments: