Hamas War

Monday, November 26, 2007

Conflicting Duties

We can't always do what we want, and it's sometimes hard to live according to what we think is right.

I've been teaching, even though my union is striking. Over the years, there has been an agreement that schools in my area aren't to be closed due to strikes. We were given permission to attend rallies during teaching time. This strike, the strongest, largest and most popular high school, Ulpanat Ofra, a girls school has been playing with "partial strikes," this week total strike.

Sometimes, even I, obey rulings and work.

Now, today there's a big group prayer at the Kotel and later a large demonstration against the Annapolis Conference. I was sure we'd be told that the students would be going at least to the prayer rally, but as of now, a half hour before I have to go to work, they said that there would be classes.

Tough call.

No comments: