Hamas War

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Strength of Convictions


I'm glad that there are families who have found ways to return to Chomesh. See the pictures! They are like the pioneering Zionists of a very earlier generation, the parents, grandparents, great-grandparents of those who established the legendary "moshavot" and kibbutzim. Today those moshavot are major Israeli cities. And today, the descendants of those earlier pioneers are in the forefront of the Israeli Left and oppose the simple civil rights of Jews to live in Judea and Samaria.

There's an interesting opinion article in Haaretz, worth reading.

8 comments:

Daniel said...

Maybe people should put up tents at E-1

Batya said...

"E-1?"

Anonymous said...

Isn't e1 that area next to maamle adumi that olmert wont build?

about convictions:
NORPAC is holding a fundraiser for Hillary. They want to raise 200k for her. I understand bipartisanship, and dancing with the devil and all those cliches, but Hilary?
If I give tsedaka to an org I don't like all I give is chai. But 200k?
What's the buzz on NORPAC?

Batya said...

I've never heard of this NORPAC, and by googling it and going into its site, I got even less info. It claims to be "pro-Israel," but that means nothing. It gave no details in its site, besides:
give us money

Anonymous said...

I went to the NORPAC site and they don't mention the 9/9 Hillary fundraiser in Englewood at OU rabbi Gemach's house. Maybe they're too embarrased.

Batya said...

My feeling that it's a group of Jewish Hilary supporters, like a front group. They do mention supporting her.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I do not visit the haaretz, ynet, or nrg websites, ever. I can't remember where I read that the leftist journalists are so happy with themselves for purposely ignoring the story of the renewed presence on Chomesh effectively killing the story and rendering it a simple note if at all.

I do assume that God does not need to rely on the news media to get his information that these brave pioneers who've been in Homesh since Av are part of the tikun of the sin of the spies. Maybe these pioneers are saving our internet-surfing butts by sticking it out on a chilly mountaintop.

Batya said...

some good points

We all do what we can.