Hamas War

Friday, August 3, 2007

Nu? What's new? Nothing's new.

I just got back from almost three weeks in New York/Jersey. They were the only states I visited.

In some ways I felt comatose. I had no idea what was happening here in Israel, absolutely no idea. For news I saw the New York Times a couple of times a week and tried to watch the news on TV. As you must have noticed, I rarely blogged, meaning I very rarely got to a computer, and when I did... I checked the mail, not the news.

Our local second generation taxi driver took me home from the airport. I asked him "what's new?"

"There's no war." was his answer. That's sure better than last year when my son was fighting in Lebanon, and I was in New York.

But now I'm on line again, and I've been able to check out more than the New York Times thinks is "fit to print." The Arabs are still launching rockets against Israel. Sderot is under fire. Yes, nothing's new.

No comments: