Hamas War

Friday, August 17, 2007

Have you heard any security warnings not to visit Europe?

This morning, my husband was supposed to host a US Consular official. Honestly, I was relieved when the visit was cancelled. The house is a mess, and I wouldn't have had been ready by the appointed time of 11am.

It was cancelled, because of security alerts. OK?

Now I've been taking a quick pre-Shabbat look at the headlines:
Gadhafi's son: Terrorists will hit Europe again

I wonder if the American officials are telling American tourists to return home or evacuating their families...

4 comments:

beakerkin said...

There is some strange stuff going on. I am somewhat conserned by the amount of Venezuelan Jews fleeing. I see the cases, but as I am switching jobs my vision will be limited to one district.

Have there been stories about Venezuelan Jews seeking refuge in Israel.

Batya said...

I haven't heard anything about Venezuelan Jews.

Can you give more info?

beakerkin said...

Batya

I work as an immigration officer and see one or two cases a week. This may be a case where the government of Israel is quietly helping people leave.

All types f people are fleeing the mess in Venezuela. The numbers may be even higher because I do not look for sephardic names.

Batya said...

Thanks for the info.
I have a neighbor from Argentina who was involved with immigrants from there a few years ago. I'll try to ask him what he knows.