Hamas War

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Call me paranoid

Call me paranoid. I'm proud of it. At least I'm cautious.

1973 Israel was over-confident and trusted its defense barriers. The Arabs, Egypt and Syria, attacked on Yom Kippur and easily ran over the lines, killing Israeli soldiers and endangering the existence of the State of Israel.

So I suggest we take these two articles seriously:

Israel to wait? 'Hamas planning mega-terror attack in Israel'

IDF - OK since terrorists stopped Top IDF officers: Terrorist groups have learned our defense systems

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a three-week stint of miluim near Nahal Oz, Sa'ad, and the Netzarim crossing in 2003 or 2004. In that short time, there were at least two crossings. One could have made it 'home free' because the soldiers had no idea where he was after crossing, except that the terrorist opened fire revealing his location. The other event, an armed terrorist crossing the fence in the middle of the morning, almost simply walked past a guard tower that by fluke noticed him. In both cases, dead losers and evident 'siata d'shmaya'

Batya said...

Without G-d's help, we wouldn't exist.