Hamas War

Friday, July 6, 2007

Hypnotised, Senile or Worse?

It is beyond my capabilities to comprehend how any Israeli can even think of supporting Ehud Barak for a second try as Prime Minister.

When Barak was elected, the media kept telling us how brilliant he is and how he had improved the army. They really hated Bibi (still do) and, not that I was happy with Bibi's reign, but they never gave him a chance. As disappointing as Bibi was, his time as Israeli PM was pure heaven compared to Barak's short--but too long for comfort--nightmarish reign.

Terror attacks became so common place when Barak was Prime Minister that it was more a feeling of "where," not "if." So many innocent Israelis were murdered by Arab terrorists, and all Barak could say was:

"Nu, one more time and..."
"If you don't stop, I'll..."

Bullet-proof vests became the required uniform for the unlucky ones in "regular" vehicles in our neck of the woods.

Barak made a campaign promise to "get the boys out of Lebanon," which he did. Unfortunately it was done so badly that they ended up leaving a fortune worth of valuable military hardware. Things were hushed up, but it was hard to keep the secret when our soldiers had to return last summer and discovered the enemy using Israeli equipment against us!

While the Barak-style army was basking in "peace," the Arabs in Lebanon were preparing for war. Last summer's disastrous war was a result of Ehud Barak in both his major roles, Cheif of Staff and Prime Minister. Peretz and Olmert were out of their league and incapable of improving matters. Yes, if anyone can compete with Ehud Barak for "worst Israeli Prime Minister," it's Ehud Olmert. Beware of politicians called Ehud.

Yes, I know that in a democracy, the "people" elect politicians to lead. What can I say? Democracy is looking like a very dangerous form of government when the voters are foolish, hypnotized, senile or suicidal.

Shabbat Shalom U'Mevorach!

PS Many people, who are on my email list, ask me why I haven't written recently, but the truth is that I write all the time. I have two active blogs, me-ander and Shiloh Musings. I usually blog on both a couple of times a day. You can check them at your leisure.

In another week and a half, G-d willing, I'll be traveling to the states for family reasons. During that time, I won't have much Internet access. I won't see daily emails nor be able to post frequently to the blogs. G-d willing, I'll return home in early August.

No comments: