Hamas War

Friday, May 4, 2007

No, I wasn't there

I said that I wasn't going to the demonstration for various reasons. I have no idea what was said in all of the speeches, but Meir Shalev gave the sort of speech I had expected.




"This is what war looks like when the leaders are corrupt," he continued. "This is what war looks like when the IDF is busy at checkpoints and guarding illegal outposts."

He was cheered. It was a left-wing rally. I consider it very dangerous that the extreme Left is being touted as an alternative to the Left-wing Kadima government, the government that sent riot police to beat up innocent young civilians at Amona. Uzi Dayan, rally leader, is no better than the Olmert Cabinet, when it comes to the future of Eretz Yisrael.

Meretz had been planning this for months. TV news kept showing various Meretz demonstrations. It was clear that they were planning something big and that the mainstream Israeli media is promoting them.

Personally, I'm without any politician I can trust to truly lead the country. There are some good, honest ones, but they are not filling the vacuum.

We need someone who can unite the country, speak to all ranges of religiosity.

G-d willing

Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it such a bad thing if Olmert stays?
Ironically if Olmert stays by sliming it, he will not be able to destroy Yehuda & Shomron, because he will be so discredited. Bibi is a dangerous alternative, because in the end he does the left’s bidding. As for the impending war, I hope we can muddle through it, because a smashing victory by the likes of Bibi or a former general will inevitably be followed by further expulsions.
The only leaders worth considering are Arieh Eldad, Baruch Marzel or Moshe Feiglin. All the rest are only self interested politicos with no vision of what a Jewish state should be.

beakerkin said...

I wish the world would let Israelis pick their own leaders.
I do not desire to tell the Euros who should lead them and when they lecture me about my leaders I tell them off.

The Euros have abysmal manners and are not enlightened.

Batya

The Che book I am reading is a comedic classic. Never in the history of man kind has a bigger imbecile been turned into an icon. The imbecile was also murderous but what kind of rebel shoots himself in the head with his own weapon and is always lost.

Batya said...

yoni, bearkin, I agree.

yoni, if only Arye, Marzel and Feiglin would unite.....

Che? sounds interesting

Anonymous said...

Actually, as could be heard on TV, that idiot of Meir Shalev was booed by large parts of the crowd.

However, it is true that the demonstration might have actually served only the interests of Shimon Peres, shem reshaim yirqav, to become Prime Minister in place of Olmert with the help of the Charedim. They have the numbers... Meretz will be just happy to help, and so would the Arab fifth column in the Knesset.

There are possible leaders: Peres, Barak, Netanyahu... THEY ARE JUST NOT ON OUR SIDE!

Batya said...

Thanks so much for the added info. That news was not in the articles I saw.