Hamas War

Thursday, January 18, 2007

word associations

It's funny how the mind works.

While I was wasting water showering. Yes, it's possible to take very quick showers, but I'm fighting a flu and really wanted the hydrotherapy in Chamei Yoav.

That got me thinking of an article I read decades ago, during Nixon's presidency. I'm not even going to attempt to google it, but if you find a reference, please "comment it."

Apparently President LB Johnson liked his showers strong, real strong, like needles hitting the body, a tough man's massage. So after Kennedy was assassinated, and he became president and moved into the White House the first thing he did was to call in the White House Plumbers to make sure the president's shower was up to his Texas-sized par.

Then Nixon was elected president. He moved into the presidential bedroom suite, took his first shower and fled! He was not LBJ. And he also changed the meaning of the term "White House Plumbers," by giving them work with a different sort of pipeline. Their leak-fixing was their specialty, but you couldn't shower with what they were "plugging up."

a history lesson from my memories

No comments: