Hamas War

Sunday, May 7, 2006

Where are they?

Where are they? Why aren't we hearing from them? Have they given up? or given in? Why is the only voice of political, parliamentary opposition here that of Avigdor Lieberman?

Where's Bibi and his Likud party? and Uzi?
Where are Arye, Harav Benny, Effi and the others of NU-NRP?
Where are Baruch Marzel and Paul Eidelberg? Or do they only campaign pre-election and don't care about the country the rest of the time?

I understand that Lieberman is trying to promote himself as a national leader, and he's running the campaign well. It's just that I personally don't trust him. He is in favor of giving our Land to the Arabs, under certain conditions, like Sharansky, and he did try to make a deal with Olmert. And maybe he did?!?

It really bothers me that there's nobody to follow. It reminds me of taking a hike on a dangerous mountain path and suddenly realizing that I've lost sight of the guide. There are people behind me; they trust me. And I don't quite know the way. But I have no choice. I must look around, check all the options and lead us all to safety. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll meet up with the guide after the next turn.

Shavua Tov
Have a safe week and a good one

4 comments:

Moze said...

Didn't I warn you about NRP/NU before the elections?

Batya said...

Very true, and I felt ill voting for them.

Anonymous said...

Great analogy, certainly more optimistic than me.

Let there be no doubt. The knesset is a glorified high school student council in charge of ultimately arranging the budget for the prom, perhaps a few other 'important' events as well like; the periodic socials/dances, the fashion show, the car washes, etc... The 'cool' popular people usually run the show, and even if the brainy nerds & geeks get some minimal representation in, they are often so overwhelmed with being next to the 'cool' crowd that they lose sight of what they're supposed to be doing. Perhaps, they might be able to arrange some small issues, like get tickets to some football game, usually with the consent of the 'cool' crowd in order to placate the nerd whims and keep them wrapped around their little fingers.

But while that might sound dismal, ultimately I am super optimistic about the future. We all know that justice is usually carried out in end in that the cool crowd end up losers in used muscle cars, and the brainly nerds become rich and drive Lexus SUVs and Jags.

Batya said...

Josh, that's some anology.

B'Ezrat Hashem, yihiye tov. G-d willing it will be good, the problem is when.