Hamas War

Sunday, May 1, 2005

"ain chadash," dejas vu, "nothing's new"

http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=81133

This is an article about students going on a hunger strike against Disengagement.

It brings me back to Oslo time, when one of my daughters and her friends, who were then seniors in high school, went on a hunger strike, by the Prime Ministers Residence. The head of their school, who was Rabbi Yoel Bin Nun, was extremely supportive. I think they did it for a week. Their friends in other schools weren't allowed to join. Rav Yoel felt that they would be able to concentrate better on their studies if they demonstrated first. They all did very well.

Oslo planned on making us homeless refugees, and Baruch Hashem, bli eyin haraa, we're still here in Shiloh. So I guess the demonstrating was good.

I just hope that the new generation of demonstrators get better publicity than my daughter and her friends did. The "experts" who were helping didn't do much. I took my husband's media list and called and also called Keneset Members.

Everyone must do something.

No comments: