Hamas War

Sunday, April 10, 2005

#109 Spooky

Musings #109
April 5-10, 2005
25th of Adar Bet-Rosh Chodesh Nissan

Spooky

Every once in a while we’re shown who’s really in charge. This week has been one of those.

First, on Monday, I made it to Jerusalem after waiting a bit for a ride. At French Hill, I had to decide where to wait for a bus to town, since one of the stops is for just one bus, and the other lines can be picked up at the stop on the street above. Contrary to my norm, I walked down to where there’s only one bus, but I beat the odds, and it was the first to arrive.

Minutes after getting off in town, I ran into a friend who seemed startled to see me. She explained that she was spooked, because she was sure that she had seen me a half hour earlier in the Ministry of Education offices and then had realized that it wasn’t me. And then, there I was, in the center of Jerusalem.

After I did a few things in town I couldn’t find my sunglasses. Convinced that I must have left them in one of the shops, I retraced my steps asking everyone if I had left them on a counter. At the shoe repair shop he didn’t have my sunglasses, but my sandal was already repaired, three hours earlier than he had predicted. So I paid and took it instead of having to make a special trip later in the week. Afterwards, I went through my bags and pockets again, and yes, the sunglasses were found.

Two days later, I was at the Malcha Mall looking for something for a friend to help her organize her workspace. I called her to check measurements and found out that she was about to go to shop for just that, though she wasn’t sure what to get. Perfect timing; she met me in the store, and we got her just what she needed.

If that wasn’t enough to spook me… On my way home finally, I went to “wash” at the Jerusalem bus station and saw two rings on the sink counter. I took my time there, but nobody ran in to claim them. So I took them and went to one of the “snack bars” and asked the salesgirl where I was supposed to bring them. She took a look and said that she thought they belonged to the young woman with the baby carriage at a nearby table. It seemed strange to me, since the woman didn’t look like she was worried about missing rings. But I went over and asked her. She looked startled, checked her hands and thanked me. She hadn’t even noticed that her rings were missing. Miraculously I went to just the counter from which she had bought her food, and the salesgirl just “knew” that it had to have been that woman.

We are now entering the month of miracles, Chodesh Nissan. The Pesach, Passover holiday, takes place when the moon is full, and we can see, even in the middle of the night.

May we merit the Geula, the Full Redemption.

Shavua Tov and Chodesh Tov,

Batya Medad, Shiloh
Copyright©2005BatyaMedad, Contact me for publication permission; private distribution encouraged.
Shilohmuse@yahoo.com
http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/
http://me-ander.blogspot.com/
http://www.shilo.org.il
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA

No comments: