Hamas War

Monday, February 14, 2005

Celebrating 100! Not to be forgotten, #42

Musings #42
March 30, 2004

Let Them Be Afraid Of Us!

It’s really beginning to get to me. Every time Israel finally does something right and kills a terrorist, the media, the security forces and government, and now even ordinary citizens go into a panic.

For instance, last week we killed a vicious, unrepentant terrorist, the man behind the murders of many innocent Israelis, and instead of saying: “May that be a lesson to you, all of you who even think of harming us, we’ll get you, too!!!!” What do the nebbichs do? They panic! In the media all we heard was the wailing of this country’s “leaders:” “Oy, yoy yoy, now they’re really going to get us. They’ll take it out on us in revenge. Gevalt.” Gevalt is right! People were terrified. This is spookier than “The Twilight Zone.”

There’s only one way to deal with a bully. Never show fear. Recently I’ve been humming and singing to myself, one of my favorite songs from my childhood.

“I Whistle a Happy Tune”


Music: Richard Rodgers

Lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein II

“Whenever I feel afraid
I hold my head erect
And whistle a happy tune
So no one will suspect
I'm Afraid.
…. The result of this deception
Is very strange to tell
For when I fool the people I fear
I fool myself as well! …
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid. …
You may be as brave
As you make believe you are”


To win this war, we have to make a very important decision, that we want to win it, and we want to totally defeat the Arab terrorists. And as the fitness instructor, who trained one of my sons before he went into the army, always says: “HaKol b’rosh.” “It’s all in the mind.”

They should be afraid of us!!

Batya Medad, Shiloh




No comments: