Hamas War

Sunday, August 21, 2016

FIRE!! West of Shiloh by The Vineyards

Everything was going fine for me on my way home from work this afternoon. That is until I got out the tremp/ride at the Shiloh Junction. It stank, and it was full of smoke. Just across the way, to the west of Shiloh I could see smoke and some flames over the vineyard. No, this wasn't a small localized fire. It spread all around. The only thing that kept the flames low was the simple fact that there wasn't all that much to burn, not many trees, mostly low brush. The soldier waiting at the stop, at which I found myself, said that it had been going on for two hours. I could see a few fire trucks.

Deja vu, all I could think of was the fire about twenty years ago. Arabs has set the first small vineyards alight, and my son was one of the volunteers who put it out. Once the fire was out, it was decided to plant many more grapevines there, and now the area is full of grapes which are well-known for the excellent wines they make. And, yes, the same son began working that summer planting the grape vines.

Here are some pictures of the fire. I apologize for the lack of focus and composition. I, literally, couldn't see the camera's screen and just blindly aimed and shot:










PS In a news report on the internet, it claims that there are olive trees on fire. A neighbor who had been with the crew trying to put out the fire confirmed that olive trees were burnt to a crisp.

3 comments:

HDG, Yerushalayim, E"Y Shlemah said...

Batya, I hope you're OK!

Leah said...

Stay safe, Batya. Thinking of you and klal yisroel.

Batya said...

Thanks, we're fine. Winds are to the west. A neighbor who was in the volunteer team to try to put it out said there had been olive trees, now all burnt up.