Hamas War

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Finally Heard Mention of the Kidnapped Teens on a Foreign News Channel! Guess Which!

OK, I must admit that I don't have too much time to watch television. And of course, being a saleswoman, I don't see TV at work, and I don't have one next to the computer, so it's not like I've been looking for news many hours each day.

I do know Hebrew, and I do understand the news on Israeli TV, so it's not that I needed to find an international news channel for the information. There were a couple of other reasons.

  • One is that I'm curious. I'd like to know if the world knows that Arab terrorists have kidnapped three Jewish Israeli teenagers and how they are playing it.
  • Israel's Channel One, which should be the main source of news has decided not to waste the money it had spent for its World Cup coverage and therefore is showing soccer most of the time.
  • I was sick and disgusted that Israel's Channels 2 and 10 kept on showing how the Arabs are suffering sic to help "balance" their broadcasts.

We have one of these satellite receiver thingies that gives us a "package" of hundreds of stations, mostly in Arabic or other languages I don't understand. We do get a few foreign news channels, such as BBC, CNN and Bloomberg. A number of times the past few days I tried listening to them while in the kitchen or folding laundry or doing other chores near the TV, but never did I hear even a hint of a mention that Israel is searching and praying for three teenage boys who had been kidnapped by Arab terrorists.

A couple of hours ago, again I went through the channels with the remote control, and I noticed a channel I had never ever watched, TV France 24 English. After a few minutes, they suddenly came out with a news report about the kidnapped boys from Israel. I'm pretty sure that the news article, Israel aims to break Hamas as hunt for missing youths intensifies I just found via Professor Google is from that channel. It was the very first time I watched that channel, and I will definitely watch it again when I'm looking for news.

I'd like to know from where you're getting your news. Please let me know in the comments, thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually get it from CNN, BBC and online resources.

Verrrry interesting on your information source!
-Lorri M.

Batya said...

Lorri, now I won't skip that channel when news searching.