Hamas War

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Real Life in Israel's Southern Front by Netivotgirl

Some of you may remember the wonderful posts my dear friend aka "Netivotgirl" had posted in the past about living in Netivot. Here's something she posted on her facebook page and requested that I post it here on Shiloh Musings.


What a royal pain in the bu*t! Those horrible folks in Gaza just threw another rocket into my town, Netivot, Israeli territory since 1948. I was in our storage room under our apt. building where I store the items for my 'poor brides fund.' Suddenly we heard the sound of the shriek. This was the sound of the iron dome which successfully shot down 1 or 2 rockets right above the synagogue across the street from my home.
The siren went off AFTER the iron dome went into action. I am NOT scared- I had to calm down everyone around me; remember to lock my storage room and run up the stairway to relative safety when we heard the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS of the rockets being shot down by.
You folks abroad shouldn't know from this crap. This "present" from Gaza is because 15,000 of our soldiers are going from door to door (in over 100 degree heat)in Judea and Samaria looking for 3 kidnapped teenagers who were picked up as hitchikers on their way home from school 16 days ago. Apparently the Chamas and other terrorist groups are unhappy that we are doing this.
Oh, btw, the folks who did this were terrorists released in previous releases that Israel was forced to make as "gestures of peace." What peace? With who? People who target civilians and do so from within their own heavily populated areas to try to avoid retaliation? It takes two to tango. Thank you Mr. Obama and Mr. Kerry for our present untenable situation.
Friends, please share this on your timelines!!.

According to the Jerusalem Post:
The Iron Dome anti-rocket defense system successfully intercepted two rockets fired from Gaza over the southern city of Netivot on Sunday evening, the IDF confirmed.

Damage in Netivot from previous rocket attack from Gaza, Algemeiner

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Netivotgirl and Batya
Our house was quiet. My husband and son were watching the news. The dog was sleeping beside me in the computer room.I was at the computer on Facebook. Suddenly the dog started to bark and bark and run around the house in circles. And then I heard a siren not to far away [we are 5 minutes from Netivot]and a couple of very loud booms [the iron dome taking out two missiles]. Our windows vibrated and the floor shook. I looked out the window to see if everything was alright and to my surprise two older women [I didn't know them] probably from the moshav next door were hiding against the wall under the window in my backyard. I invited them to come in, but they were too scared and said they just want to get home. This is our life in the South..Oh by the way we are 9 kms from Gaza.

Batya said...

May Gd keep you safe.

Sammy Finkelman said...

Don't blame Kerry - blame Naftali Bennett.

Benjamin Netanyahu believed he had a choice between stopping construction and releasing terrorists, and he chose releasing terrorists, largely due to Naftali Bennett.

Is that not true?

Batya said...

I don't know, but I do know that Bibi could have just said "No" to all the demands, but he didn't.