Hamas War

Monday, February 3, 2014

Bibi's Betting on The Wrong Horse

I'm in the states right now, and it's bedtime rather than almost morning here. I've been having a wonderful time bonding with my cousin and his family after spending a week with my sister and hers, plus a different cousin and daily visits (except Shabbat) to my father.  I wish I could tune out of what's happening in Israel, but I can't.  Here I have use of a computer a few hours a day, since I get up early and go to bed late.  I know that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu does not read my blog.  (Though, Bibi, if you do, please find a way of letting me know...)  

Do I waste my time and typing by blogging everyday?  Sometimes I really wonder, but then I hear from a reader who tells me that I've put into words what he/she feels but can't verbalize.  Usually these messages come just in the nick of time.

Today, just a few minutes ago, I saw the latest Dry Bones, and Bones got it right again, bulls eye for sure.


And then I saw this headline:


If I was a "teeth-grinder" I wouldn't have any left to eat my fruit, nuts and salads.  Bibi is not playing smart. He's underestimating the opposition which a chess player like himself should know well is a recipe for defeat. One should never ever underestimate your opponent.

  • He may be smarter than you think.
  • He may make that smarter move unintentionally. 
...and then you're stuck.


"Checkmate, you've lost," G-d forbid.  

Bibi, wisen up; time's getting short.  This isn't a game.

4 comments:

goyisherebbe said...

I think Bibi is afflicted with the pride that affects political leaders in general and Israelis in general. When you put the two together it can be a disaster. He happens to be very smart, it is true, but as you say, it is easy to miscalculate, and it could be fatal. The one person who aspires to national leadership who doesn't have that flaw is Moshe Feiglin. He probably will never make it, but I'm going with him until something better comes along. Bibi needs a kick in the pants.

Batya said...

Shlomo Hamelech also was too full of himself as were many of the later kings.
Honestly, Feiglin has too many other problems.

Anonymous said...

The site you linked to does not exist. It says it has been removed?

Esser Agaroth said...

This post has been included in this week’s edition of the Jewish-Israeli Blog Round-Up!