Hamas War

Friday, November 22, 2013

Enough is Enough, Bring Jonathan Pollard Home Alive

There's something terribly fukokt in American policy.  They find nothing wrong with spying on allies, consider Jewish homes more dangerous to world peace than if Iranians get the bomb, and they're still holding Jonathan Pollard in jail for almost thirty years.

stopping Israel from Stopping Iran


Officials in Jerusalem upset that Western powers fail to condemn inflammatory comments by Iran's supreme leader. (Jerusalem Post)
United States President Barack Hussein Obama and his Secretary of State John Kerry spend more time trying to tie Israel's hands than stopping Iran from completing their nuclear weapons development.  And they keep telling the world not to listen to Israel.  Now, in all honesty, if you were to check out the credentials of Obama versus Israel's Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in terms of knowledge of history, political science etc.  Who would win?  Netanyahu has been a history buff, an expert specializing in terrorism for decades, long before Obama could read a sentence in any language.  Whose judgement should be trusted more?

And the United States at the height of its hypocrisy still imprisons Jay Jonathan Pollard for the crime of giving information to an ally.
Photo: AP
Pollard enters 29th year in US prison
Jonathan Pollard was arrested 28 years ago on Nov. 21, 1985 • Pollard's wife appeals to U.S. President Barack Obama to free her husband out of humanitarian considerations • Natan Sharansky: It is our collective failure that Pollard is still in jail.  (Israel Hayom)
Pollard has long since paid for his crime.  Criminals who spied for American enemies have served much less and long been released. Nothing in Pollard's crime is worse than theirs.  There can be only one reason for his unprecedented sentence, and it's the same reason why Obama keeps telling the world not to listen to Israel and the United States keeps insisting that Judea and Samaria must be judenrein... antisemitism.

Our Israeli politicians, media and academics must stop this dangerous worship and respect of the United States.  They aren't our friends; they aren't true allies.  The proof is in the continued imprisonment of Jonathan Pollard. He's the symbol of what America really thinks and feels about Jews and Israel.

Read their lips!

6 comments:

beakerkin said...

I disagree. When one works for the Federal Government one understands the penalties for violating the rules.

Any Jewish professional who has had a difficult time with their security clearance should thank Pollard. Every five years I get a wonderful reminder of Pollard's stupidity when my clearance is renewed.

Batya said...

beakerkin, I didn't say he shouldn't have been convicted; I just said that the punishment didn't fit the crime.

beakerkin said...

Batya

Do you have any idea of the abuse of
Jewish workers caused by Pollard. I get hours of annoying questions thanks to his stupidity.

Unlike most I am direct when confronted with this bigotry.

I usually respond to what do my views on Israel have to do with my job capacity? Are you similarly interested in my views of Belieze
or as a Jewish American an I being targeted for undue scrutiny.

What does my attendance record at the local house of worship have to do with my job? What does the religious views of my family members have to do with my job? One can thank Pollard for these indignities heaped on me every five years.

Many of my coworkers are dealing with his legacy daily. His actions
have personally impacted my life and career.

In theory, I should be able to go to Israel and enjoy a visit. Plenty of non Jewish coworkers made similar trips without excessive questions. For now I will have to restrict my travels to short trips to Guyana.

Leave Pollard where he is. I suggest his wife should start apologizing to all the Jewish Federal employees whose lives and career were made more difficult do to his actions.

Have the indignities heaped on Jewish professionals caused by Pollard ended? When I can sit for a security clearance and not get scores of questions about my faith
or distant relatives in Israel I have never met my views will change.

Batya said...

It's not just Pollard. It's American anti-Jewish blood libel stuff. It's easy for you to blame Pollard.
I know someone who worked in the American security field before Pollard and he was "set up" like Pollard was with a chance to see secret data not related to his job. He ignored it and quit soon after, because he felt that they were out to trip him up. He now lives in Israel.

beakerkin said...

I will have to agree to disagree
with you on this. The actions of Pollard have directly caused me multiple annoyances. As far as I am concerned he can spend the rest of his life in there.

I took an oath and knew the rules and so did Pollard. He knew the likely consequences of his actions
and deserves his fate.

Batya said...

I won't continue, since for you this is very personal.