Hamas War

Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Life for Jewish Israeli Blogging, The New Havel Havelim

I opened up a new account at blog carnival for Havel Havelim.  It has been limping along as of late as a monthly blog carnival.  That's not good.  The type of posts that make Havel Havelim great are topical and timely, so monthly makes it weak, stale and was killing it.  I pledged on our facebook page, or at least to Esser Agaroth that if I can get "ownership" of the blog carnival account, I'd be the default and use their trusty instacarnival*  to post when there is no host.  Since we couldn't get control of that account, I just opened a new one.
Jewish-Israel blog carnival aka Havel Havalim
Submit your posts by clicking here.
and Please add the logo to your blog's sidebar.
And until I receive a new logo for the blog carnival, I'll use this picture:



Here are the posts that had been submitted the past month to Havel Havelim (plus other posts which I've added) which due to circumstances beyond my control wasn't posted:

Five Inspiring Books to Read This Summer
Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #81
Self-Sacrifice and You: Lessons from Irena Sendler
"We have met the enemy..."
My Mother and Her Judaism
A Thanks to The Women of the Wall
Like an Epidemic of Deaths, Another Eulogy for My Mother
Another Rabbi of the Exile, Keeping the Jew Down
The Melon Knows Hashem Better Than Many Jews
A Time to Remember the Holy House
Get Out Now
The Arab Mind: Read Their Lips

Please read, comment and of course share the carnival and share the posts.  Let's get this show back on the road!

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of jewish-israel blog carnival aka havel ha using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

*Blog carnival does all the work for us.  They collect and compile all of the links that have been sent in and send the package aka instacarnival to the host.  All you need to do is edit, which means deleting any spam off-topic posts, add more posts you've found and some pictures from the posts if you want.  Instacarnival comes in two versions, the html code and "regular."  I'll also help "coach" you through the process if needed.  So, please volunteer to host.  Contact me through email or our facebook page, thanks.

6 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Kol hakavod, Batya! You have been through a great deal lately -- and still you "come to the fore," and look after your blogging community. Thank you, and thank you for posting my son's writing and mine. I look forward to hosting around the same time I signed up for before: Tu B'Av. I like the happy times for hosting.

Batya said...

Ruti, it's good to be back in the world of the living, thanks.

toby said...

Way to go, Batya!!

Batya said...

join in toby

Anonymous said...

This is great thanks. I haven't submitted in a long time but I keep reading everyone's posts. I did try to put the blogcarnival logo on my wordpress blog but it keeps self-deleting. Sent them a message asking what to do. Perhaps you have an idea. it works fine on one of my blogger blogs.

Batya said...

Elise, thanks. I'm sorry but I'm not a maiven in the html business.