Hamas War

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A War By Any Other Name is Just As Dangerous

There seems to be a war going on in the south, the south of Israel that is.  Arab terrorists from Gaza have been launching deadly missiles/weapons at Israel.  And then Israel responds as carefully as possible in order not to kill anyone, duh? 

A little geography lesson.  The closest country to southern Israel is Egypt.  Gaza isn't a country.  I don't know what to call it, a terrorist entity, maybe.  What would you call it?  Israel keeps claiming that it is at peace with Egypt. 

Dry Bones


It's a strange sort of peace, an extended and cold cease-fire as Caroline Glick as said.  If there was a true peace relationship between Israel and Egypt, then Egypt wouldn't put up with the Gazan terror aggression against Israel.  But as all of us with even a fraction of an ear on the news knows, Egypt is a mess with lots of major problems, like unclear  election results.  That's what happens in a culture of chaos.

For the past three days the Gazan Arab terrorists have been attacking southern Israel with dangerous and potentially fatal weapons.  Of course they are blaming us and claiming a ceasefire is our responsibility.
"Responding to the Egyptian efforts, we and the armed resistance announce our commitment to stop this round of confrontation as long as the occupation stops this aggression," said a written statement from Hamas's armed wing.
More than 55 rockets hit southern Israel on Wednesday as the IDF struck back at Hamas and Global Jihad targets in the Gaza Strip despite Egyptian calls for an immediate ceasefire.
This is consistent with all other past attacks on Israel.

photo credit: Tsafrir Abayov/Flash90
Missiles like the one in the picture don't fly by themselves.  It takes people to launch and aim them.  G-d has been good to us in preventing major catastrophes, since each missile has the potential to kill many of us.  That's the aim of the terrorists.

Israel continues to suffer attacks by the Arabs and we're not stopping them.  This is war, isn't it?

11 comments:

NormanF said...

Batya,

Don't be silly! Israel's leaders have decided there's no war! They'll maintain the illusion of peace as long as they can away with it.

Of course, there's no peace to be had but no one wants to admit Land For Peace is a hoax.

And there will be a next time.

Leah said...

Come on, Batya, the missile "became airborn"- it did not get placed into a canule, aimed and then launched. So, silly, Batya....
Yes, we are at war and the rest of the world has been as well since at least 9/11, but shhhhh, why tell them that?
I shudder to think what will take place before Israel decides to respond- the "leaders" mayhave to give up world opinion, first.

MAOZ said...

Re Gaza, "What would you call it?"

I call it Goyish-Occupied Jewish Land.

Batya said...

Norman, me, silly?
Leah, I blog to get things straight. It's healthier than just grinding my teeth.
MAOZ, yes, I have neighbors whose family had lived there for generations. Jews, of course

Leah said...

Batya, yes I hear you. I was getting into the anger and (my own sarcasm)....in reaction to the ridiculousness of the situation... Yasher Koach for getting the word out.

Batya said...

Leah, sarcasm doesn't work in writing.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that. It seems to work very well for "Sultan Knish"- Daniel Greenfield very nicely. I think you tell it like it is and I enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

oops, Batya, I signed in under my daughter's name (humma monster), yet it's me, Leah.

Batya said...

Leah, after decades dealing with journalists as a Shiloh resident, I constantly remind people that sarcasm can easily backfire and only works with those of the same opinion.

That's why I "tell it like it is." thanks

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hear you. You had provided a safe place for me to vent - just a little, yet I agree with you....

Batya said...

OK, nechama, I understand