Hamas War

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Interfering in Foreign Elections

Oops...I'm guilty!

This post will be about American elections, not Israeli.  Although I was born and raised in the United States and do have American citizenship, I have never voted in their elections.  Legally I have the right, but I made aliyah (ascended/moved) to Israel just months before the first elections I could have voted in and in the almost forty-two years since, I have never taken advantage of my rights to vote from "overseas."

Considering that Americans, especially the politicians, media and the ordinary Jew who would never "risk" living in Israel, have absolutely no compunctions about telling us what's best for us here in Israel I certainly have the right to post my opinions about American election candidates.  Most of my family lives in America in all locations and life-styles.  I also visit annually and read/watch the news.  I'm not the only expatriate to do publicly voice my views. 

As the American Presidential election campaigns heat up, there will be be more and more such articles no doubt.

I'm an old veteran blogger and was blogging four years ago when Barack Hussein Obama first entered presidential politics.  I wasn't enamored with him then, and I'm not now either.  I still say that if he hadn't been Black he never would have gotten the nomination.  Many people, including the extreme/loyal Liberal (with a capital "L") American whites only saw his color and didn't look at his background, experience or qualifications.  Obama was a casting director's dream, even though he couldn't give a speech without a teleprompter.  The American public that pays good money to watch rock stars perform lip-syncing didn't consider that a disqualification.

What surprises me is that even after four years of Obama and America's sinking economy and reduction in world power, he still has a strong backing.



In Israel most men and quite a few women serve in the IDF, Israeli army.  Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was in an elite unit.  That's heroism.  Contrast that to Obama's taking credit for finding and executing Obama Osama Bin Laden.
His latest ploy to woo members of the public whose patriotism is not in question – but whose votes may very well be – is to put Osama bin Laden on display. Like a hunter mounting the antlers of a moose on a cabin wall, Obama has been using the one-year anniversary of the al-Qaida mastermind’s assassination to tout the accomplishment as though he himself had done the shooting.
Talk about low-hanging fruit.
Finding and killing the man behind the Sept. 11 terror attacks is the epitome of a “consensus” issue. When the deed was carried out a year ago, you could almost hear Americans from coast-to-coast singing, “Ding-dong the witch is dead!”
It was one of those moments when people like me rain on everybody’s parade. I didn’t see what there was to celebrate that day. Stomping on a cockroach in an infested kitchen does not eliminate the need for a massive extermination job throughout the house, if not the entire neighborhood.
Obama’s constant boasting about his having taken out bin Laden – and simultaneous accusations against Romney that he wouldn’t have done it – has to be one of the president’s slimiest, most cynical ploys to date. (read Ruthie Blum's entire article)

Also consider that the American economy is still sinking and shows no serious signs of improvement.  As an unknown, four years ago Obama was able to campaign by blaming everyone else, especially the Republicans.  Life hasn't really improved for Americans during the past four years.  Will the American public give him four more years?  Do they distrust the Mormon Republican Romney, who has more business, administrative and government experience even more than Obama's failing track record?

Unfortunately, I'm a pessimist.  I don't think that enough Americans have the guts to admit that they had made a mistake four years ago.  For that to happen, first prominent Democrats must admit that they shouldn't have backed Obama.  I don't see that happening at all.  The Clintons are heavily entrenched in the Obama "machine."  Bill is a big Obama fund-raiser.
The two men will appear together at a fundraising reception and then a dinner, both hosted by Terry McAuliffe, a close friend of the Clintons. Five hundred people will attend the reception, with tickets starting at $1,000, and 80 are to attend the dinner, for which tickets cost $20,000, the official said.
The money will go to a joint fund to support Obama's re-election campaign, the Democratic National Committee and several state Democratic parties.
Clinton's profile in the Obama campaign appears to be rising. On Friday, the campaign released a video of Clinton praising Obama for his decision to approve the raid that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden. (Reporting By Jeff Mason; editing by Todd Eastham)
At this point, I don't see how Romney can beat them.

No comments: