Hamas War

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Something New In Shiloh

First of all, I almost always have my camera strapped to me when I go out of the house.  It's not that I always take pictures, but there's a feeling of "what if...?"  Last night as I was ready to go out, my neighbor asked:
I ignored her comment, best as I could...
"Would you really feel naked without it?"



From a distance, this metal enclosure looked like some sort of animal cage.  When my friend and I were walking (more like shuffling for me) around the neighborhood last night, we spied something new.  She tried reading the Hebrew first.  I was too busy getting my hah! I knew I should have brought it camera out of the case.




"What does this mean?  It looks like it's to collect plastic bottles and bags, but it says, 'לא למחזר Don't recycle.'  That doesn't make sense.  What do they mean by זה מטורף? Zeh metoraff?"







I finally looked at the sign.  Yes, it was clear that this new structure was for collecting plastic for recycling.  What could that sign mean?

זה מטורף לא למחזר
Zeh metoraff lo l'machazor
The actual translation is:
It's insane not to recycle

Yes, Shiloh has joined the international recycling community.

חג פסח כשר ושמח
Have a Kosher and Happy Passover

6 comments:

Keli Ata said...

Can't say that I've ever seen a recycle bin like that before:)

I know what you mean about feeling naked without your camera. It's like going outside without your purse.

As for environmentalism...I hope Israel totally ignores the Earth Out thing on Saturday. Light up all of Israel! I don't know your candle lighting times but light up all of Israel with either candles or lights. While the world is black let Israel be a lighthouse to the nations--

Literally!

Batya said...

Saturday was Shabbat which starts by lighting candles. I never heard of Earth Out, too busy getting ready for Pesach.

Keli Ata said...

Of course Shabbat begins with light:)

I hadn't heard of Earth Out until I started seeing all these commercials for it and read that the colored lights at Niagara Falls were being shut off for an hour.

I guess Earth Out is a bigger thing in the US especially this year.

Batya said...

I guess we're really in different worlds.

JDL London Canada said...

I hope earth out is not precursor for Jew out :)....

Shabbat Shalom

Batya said...

No connection, JDL, loving our HolyLand means taking care of it.