Hamas War

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Messianics launch asinine crusade to close Yad l’Achim

Posted by Jewish Israel

Honestly, this should have been a Purim Post …

In the name of democracy and religious freedom, Messianic Christians have launched a campaign calling upon Christian leaders to lobby Jewish legislators and Jewish diplomats of the Jewish state to disband Yad l’Achim - a 60-year old anti-assimilation and counter-missionary organization which reaches out and assists lost Jews in Israel.

These efforts accompany the endeavors of evangelical attorney Calev [Calev] Myers of the Jerusalem Institute of Justice (JIJ). Myers has petitioned Israel’s Attorney General to use his authority to “dismantle Yad L'Achim by officially recognizing it as an anti-democratic terrorist organization”. In an extensive report Jewish Israel explores the deceptive, untenable, and unethical presentation of those bolstering the jesus-movement in Israel...more

7 comments:

rickismom said...

LOVE the Don Quiote!

ellen said...

Even Don Quixote didn't ride his donkey backwards? Did he? come to think of it, he rode the horse. Sancho Panchez rode the donkey forward

Anonymous said...

Very confusing, when your name is "Donkey Haughty".

Keli Ata said...

ROFL Shy. You crack me up.

Totally OT but I took a quizz on Facebook about which girl ballet character I would be--I'm Kitri! I love the Don Quixote ballet.

OT2: Wasn't the author of Don Quixote a converted Jew? Forced to convert during the Inquisition?

ellen said...

Some say that Miguel De Cervantes the author of "Don Quixote was a "Converso"
http://www.eurojewcong.org/ejc/news.php?id_article=1688

Keli Ata said...

TY TY for the link, Ellen. It's fascinating! You know, in that ballet quizz I identified most with Kitri. My dear friend with Don Quixote. I swear he's Sephardic. He's of Spanish descent and I just feel so deeply that he's Jewish. I really can't explain it.

Don Quixote is his favorite novel.


BTW: Any word yet on whether Yad La'Achim is going to sue Calev Meyers' group?

ellen said...

I spoke to a representative from Yad L'Achim this morning and a law suit is still very much in the works