Hamas War

Sunday, August 21, 2005

My Favorite Author is Still Writing!

I have wonderful news. I found Moshe Saperstein's latest diary entry.

I've been an enthusiastic fan of his since he wrote humorous pieces for a short-lived English language Israeli paper. I think it was called "The Nation." In the 1970's we lived in Bayit V'Gan. I first met Rachel in the park playground where we took our kids.

I wish them both good health and the strength to survive. Baruch Hashem, bli eyin hara'a, they are survivors.

Last year, when I studied Kohelet and T'hilim, we were told that G-d doesn't want the tzaddikim to be punished in Olam Habaa, the world to come, so he makes them suffer in this world. That way they only get rewards in the Next World.

And the evil get their rewards in this world, so the next will be all punishment.

No comments: